Earlier this year on a really hot day, I met up with Will James and my sister at the Ballarat Railway Station. I'd been asked by Ballarat Lifestyle Magazine to do a shoot for their cover image of the autumn edition of the magazine. I had limited ideas, but I liked the colour red and wanted to see how we could work it into to an autumn edition of the magazine. Except to wear warm weather clothes when it was stinking hot was not comfortable. Usually, when I style an outfit, I take heaps of time. Some things really cannot be rushed and I find taking time with outfits gets better results. However, on this day I literally put this jacket over the top of some swimwear, because I'd had the bright idea of trying to do a shoot floating in the lake.
So far I've had quite a few people say to me 'nice cover' which is sweet. I have finally gotten used to responding to that statement. Only two people I know have actually read the article so far (if you don't count my best friends and family). I know this because I mention quite a few people in it and they haven't realised yet.
The pictures floating in the lake were awkward, challenging, uncomfortable and fun. I much prefer shoots where I get to 'do' things. I would have preferred a photo of me in my yellow dress among some yellow leaves on my bike, but the pictures for the autumn edition are taken months in advance. The leaves on the trees are only just turning yellow now. Anyway. As usual, people walked past while I was in the lake telling me I was going to get eaten alive by leaches and blah blah blah.
So. All this aside, I have decided since it's not every day I'm on the cover of a magazine, I'm going to run a little competition. To enter, simply share a picture of your copy of Ballarat Lifestyle Magazine on Instagram (with the appropriate tags so we can see it), or by commenting on the Facebook post on the Finding Femme page. The prize is a $20 voucher for The Local and a double pass to the movies in Ballarat. Here's the finer details and instructions:
1. To enter either:
- comment on the Facebook post on the Finding Femme page with your image; or
- share your post publicly on Instagram tagging int he caption: @findingfemme @ballaratlifestylemagazine and #ballaratlifestylemagazine
2. Your entry must be in by midday on Friday 28 April, 12pm. The winner will be announced within 48 hours of the closing date.
3. The prize is non-transferrable, so if you win, make sure you can get in to The Local to collect (and enjoy) your prize! You will need to show proof of who you are/what Instagram account you may be in order to claim.
4. There's only one entry per person.
5. The winner will be chosen at random and the decision of Liana is final.
6. Entries that violate social media image terms and conditions (for example pictures containing nudity or captions including harassment) will be disqualified.
7. The image must include a copy of the Autumn 2017 edition of the Ballarat Lifestyle Magazine and must be your own photograph.
If you have any questions about the competition, please let me know with a comment!